First Presbyterian Church: Milledgeville, Georgia ca. 1904
The Presbyterian Church in Milledgeville was organized on June 11, 1826 with six charter members. The first church building was constructed on the Statehouse Square on land provided by the State Legislature. It stood adjacent to the Methodist, Baptist and Episcopal churches on the square. After several renovations of the original church, it was replaced by the present building. With the laying of the cornerstone, which was brought from Scotland and laid in 1904, the name of the church was changed to the First Presbyterian Church of Milledgeville. The new building was dedicated in 1906. In 1952, major renovations were made to the building.