Airplane travel should be relaxing, especially if you are on your way home for the holidays to a house full of loud relatives. This is your last chance for solitude for days, so make sure you are comfortable and happy! Here are my five carry on essentials to make airline travel even better.
1. Reading material. As much as I love to peruse SkyMall and the airline mags, I always bring a couple of my favorites for the ride. I'm an avid Kinfolk reader; I love their unique stories and beautiful photography. I try and bring something work related as well. Recipe for Press by Amy Flurry is a frequent stowaway; an informative how-to guide for entrepreneurs looking to get press.
2. Headphones. I enjoy meeting people on planes but sometimes you just want to zone out. This set of Rebecca Minkoff for FRENDS is too cute.
3. Snacks. Justin's Nut Butter comes in small packets making them easy to pack. They pair well with the free in-flight pretzels. Their regular almond butter is great with carrot and celery sticks too. A yummy sweet and salty combo that's not terrible for you.
4. Get cozy. Blankets, scarves, and socks are often in my carry on. I'm currently coveting this cashmere travel blanket at Anthropologie. It comes with it's own carrying case, eye mask, and pillow!
5. Moisturizer. I never leave home without my One Love Organics skin care. To combat the dry air on planes, the Skin Savior Beauty Balm is a must. The waterless balm (cold pressed plant oils, extracts and mango butter) can be used as a cleanser and a moisturizer. The name doesn't lie.
Hope this list helps you prep your carry on bags. Safe travels and happy holidays!