January Top 10 #theusiscooltoo
2018 is already off to a busy start with a surprise vacation with Pack Up & Go and The Southern C Summit conference in Sea Island, Georgia, but I'm back home in Indiana catching up on the blog. I started #theusiscooltoo hashtag project in the summer of last year to as a way to inspire fellow American travelers to rediscover the United States. I'm happy to report that the hashtag is still going strong! Thank you to everyone that has shared their United States travel photos with the hashtag on Instagram so far.
We have over 1400 photos and counting! If you're looking for a long weekend or a road trip idea, check out the hashtag gallery or look through previous roundup posts for all the travel inspo you need. If you like this project please help spread the word! Without further ado...
Here are 10 of my favorites from January 2018.
These are in no particular order. Scroll down to see who photographed what (left to right).
1. The @photojeepers duo take the most breathtaking landscape photos. Go follow them if you're interested in the outdoors and National Parks. Some friends and I are applying for Grand Canyon rafting permits in 2019 and this shot got me so excited. Fingers crossed!
2. I still haven't met Dee Stecco aka @beerliveshere in person yet but I have loved following her for years. She takes creative and beautiful beer photos; but is often found adventuring in the North Carolina mountains.
3. @c-ludik - Have you been to St. Louis? It's still on my list. They have a great beer scene and the City Museum looks incredible. Love the composition of this shot with the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial and the Arch.
4. @letmegiveyousomeadvice - I am so bummed I missed the Chinese Lantern Festival in Indy this year. All of the photos I saw from this event were so bright and festive!
5. @milwaukeephoto - I love following this account to keep up with Milwaukee, one of my favorite cities in the midwest so far. don't think you can call yourself a Midwesterner until you go ice fishing. I'm down with cross-country skiing now so maybe I'll work my way up to that.
6. @wanderfocuslove - BBQ is a must. Am I right?! Siarra is often traveling through the South and has lots of yummy foodie shots. I'm always looking for BBQ recs so if you have a favorite joint let me know in the comments!
7. @travelingkati - The vastness of a desert landscape is so humbling. Love this shot from Kati in The Valley of Fire State Park.
8. I met this mountain mama, @emmydarnell, in Bloomington a few years ago and love seeing her adventures around Jackson Hole, Wyoming.
9. @carlyhelfand - Chicago winters are pretty intimidating to me but the city looks so pretty blanketed in snow. If you venture there in the snowy months just make sure you have an excellent pair of boots and hit up some museums to stay warm.
10. @diana.mke - After my trip to Milwaukee last year, I virtually met so many cool instagrammers from MKE. Diana is often on the road hiking in our National Parks so go check her out!